You have just met someone and you would like to go out with him? It’s sometimes hard for a girl to ask a guy to be her boyfriend. Girls are usually scared of being rejected and prefer to do nothing and hope he will take the first step. How about you do this and you put an end to waiting? If you have been thinking about this but you don’t know how to ask a guy to be your boyfriend, keep on reading.
When to Ask a Guy to Be your Boyfriend?
You won’t have many chances if you just run into him and pop out the question. Taking him by surprise is not the best choice. Think about what you are about to do and come up with a good strategy. Here is some new relationship advice for you:
- It would be best to ask a guy to be your boyfriend after you have already met and spend some time together. Depending on where you first saw him, you can arrange this. Meet again, start a conversation and then make your intentions known.
- If you are in the same class, for instance, or if you see him weekly at the gym, meeting him again won’t be a problem. If you just saw him once, find someone who knows him and ask where you would have the chance to meet him again.
- When you finally get to ask him the big question, don’t beat around the bush and don’t talk nonsense. Remain calm and let him know that you want him to be your boyfriend. Being too nervous, might scare him.
- Come up with a couple of good first date ideas and when you ask a guy to be your boyfriend also tell him what you have planned for you two. Something like “I thought we could go see a movie/have a pizza/have a drink” right after asking him to be your boyfriend should work. Otherwise, he might just say “yes”, but won’t propose a date because he is taken by surprise. Take care of all the details.
Things to avoid when asking a guy to be your boyfriend:
- Don’t be shy and nervous and don’t mumble your question. Speak clear because this will show him you really mean your words.
- Don’t pressure him into giving you an answer, but don’t either say something like “however you want” because you might make him believe his answer doesn’t really matter for you.
Image Credit: Graur Codrin